Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3. Best part of your day

A loud squeal fills my ears. It's a sound that I've become quite accustomed to in recent months and it's surprising that my ears can even register that pitch any more. This time it was in response to a ride invented to create fun and delight and to my surprise it seems to be working. From my view, a little head bobs up and down, plump cheeks visible from behind suggesting a smile and perhaps even a large one. Hands clutch each side of the laundry basket as though holding on for dear life. Down the hallway ("weeeeeee, weeeeeee"), around the corner (ow, my knees!), between the ugg boots and to the mirror. And there she is - my girl, my beautiful daughter - with a drippy, gummy grin engulfing her face."Who's that girl?" I sing. She bobs up and down as she responds, "Ra wa da da" and then looks at me as though to say 'Obviously, Mum'. Just wait until she can roll her eyes, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment