Dear Ellie,
You are nearly 8 months old. You have just started clapping and waving. Today you learned to blow a kiss and have been practicing all afternoon. Your cheeks are like two apricots glued to each side of your face and are just so delicious. Your smile makes my heart soar higher than the sky. Tonight you had lots of bubbles in your bath and you decided to eat some. The result? A little white beard on your beautiful face. We laughed so much! You have such a personality - you want to be in amongst it and see what's going on and you don't miss anything. I love that about you - it reminds me of your Dad.
Ellie, I want you to know that I love you, unconditionally. I promise to be your Mum. I will sometimes have to be tough when that's what you need. I will look after you and provide you with a safe place to call home - whether you are three or thirty-three. I WILL be stronger. I WILL be wiser. I WILL be braver. And I will always, always be kind. That's my promise to you.
I'm so lucky to have you in my life and love watching you grow. Can't wait for tomorrow!
Love,
Mum xx
No comments:
Post a Comment